Minis Offseason Programs
The Crusaders Rugby Club offers a number of offseason/indoor programs to help our athletes develop in the offseason. These programs have grown significantly in the past two years to incorporate more than 150 of our junior and minis athletes.
Minis Winter Program – 2021/2022
8 indoor sessions (Sundays Jan 9, 2022 – Mar 6, 2022) focusing on developing core rugby skills: pass/catch skills, agility, evasion, finding space for boys and girls aged 5-12.
- 8 x 1-hour indoor skills training sessions, Sundays 3-4pm or 4-5pm (Jan 9, Jan 16, Jan 23, Jan 30, Feb 6, Feb 13, Feb 27, Mar 6)
- Please note: Participants will be split into age groups, with one group at 3-4pm and the other at 4-5pm; your child may be assigned to one of these hour blocks. If your child is younger, it is likely he/she will be in the first group; conversely the older children will be in the second group.
- We’ve avoided public holiday weekends
- Where?: Appleby College, 540 Lakeshore Rd W, Oakville, ON L6K 3P1
- The program is open to nominated children born in/between 2010 – 2016
- Focus on developing core rugby skills: pass/catch skills, agility, evasion, finding and using space
- Space is limited; spots are offered on a first come, first served basis
- Training CRU SKILLS t-shirts provided
- As last year, we plan to invite guest coaches to run a few sessions (national players, university coaches etc.)
- Cost: $115 (no HST applicable) for 8 sessions
Session dates: Sundays 3-4pm or 4-5pm: Jan 9, Jan 16, Jan 23, Jan 30, Feb 6, Feb 13, Feb 27, Mar 6