Junior CRU Skills Clinics
The Crusaders Rugby Club offers a specialist clinics in-season for junior players, including:
Running & Speed Clinic
This 12-week program (broken into 2 x 6-session sets) is open to 2021 U14s, U16s and U18s and will be coached by Dr. Paul Hackett. We recommend that participants participate for the full 12 sessions to achieve the best results and progress.
The objective of these clinics is to improve speed and agility. The program will coach the athletes through a variety of drills designed to improve their sprinting, deceleration and cutting techniques. Learning proper technique is important to improve athletic ability and may also prevent injury. A new addition to our program is the use of a laser-gate wireless timing system, which will provide more accurate measures of sprint times and change of direction abilities. Athletes will be timed both at the beginning and end of the program, allowing us to track improvements and compare their results with Rugby Canada fitness standards.
REVISED 2021 Dates:
- Session Set 1: Fri Jul 9 (6-8pm), Fri Jul 16, Fri Jul 23, Thu Jul 29, Fri Aug 6
- Session Set 2: Fri Aug 13, Fri Aug 20, Fri Aug 27, Thu Sep 2, Fri Sep 10 (6-8pm)
- All sessions 6-7pm, unless otherwise noted
Clinic Cost $75+HST (for 6 sessions).
About Dr. Paul Hackett: Paul is Chiropractic Doctor, Internationally Certified Chiropractic Sports Practitioner, Board Certified Chiropractic Sports Physician (USA) and Clinical Director of Athletacare. He has also earned a Master of Science degree in Exercise and Sports Science. Paul has been part of the medical team for the Canadian Bobsleigh and Skeleton Teams, the USA Bobsled/Skeleton teams, as well as the US National gymnastics, triathlon and wrestling teams. And since 2015, we’ve been exceptionally lucky to have Paul as one of our lead therapists at the Crusaders Rugby Club.
Place Kicking Clinic
- a 5 session, 5 hour clinic focusing place kicking mechanics and technique.
- a 3 session, 3 hour clinic focusing on scrum-half positional skills including passing, kicking, positioning, decision-making, tactics. Instructor: Andrew Ferguson (Toronto Arrows and Canada scrum-half)
Kicking From Hand Clinic
- a 3 session, 3 hour clinic focusing on scrum-half positional skills including to focus on kicking from hand: grubbers, punts, drop-kicks, kick mechanics and technique, placement, game situations.. Instructor: Andrew Ferguson (Toronto Arrows and Canada scrum-half)
Participation in these clinics requires a Mini or Junior active membership with the club.