Crusaders, Families and Friends,
We are thrilled to announce that the Crusaders Return to Play Plan has been APPROVED. You can now register for the 2020 season here.
As per our RTP plan, we have developed policies and procedures to ensure the safety of our members and to ensure compliance with public health protocols. Some important features are as follows:
- Players or parents must complete a PLAYER ATTESTATION FORM before every training session. This is done through Sportlomo, the same platform you use to register every year. Instructions can be found here
- Players will be kept in cohorts and given a designated time slot for training. Parents bringing their children to training will be provided a designated parking area where the cohort can safely assemble before proceeding to their field. Older players will be asked to proceed directly to their designated field after parking their vehicle.
- Coaches will verify that all players participating that day have filled out the player attestation form. If this has not been completed, the player will not be permitted to train.
- Participants will be reminded at the beginning of each session about physical distancing guidelines.
- After training, players will be asked to vacate the field in a timely manner and return to their vehicles.
- Washrooms are accessible, but changing rooms and shower facilities are closed.
- The Club will communicate updates on a regular basis as we receive information from public health and Rugby Ontario.
- You can also view the World Rugby Player Welfare page for resources regarding Return to Play. This course provides an interactive learning module for players.
- Participants who repeatedly breach physical distancing, hygiene rules or do not remain in their specified training area will be asked to sit out for the remainder of the session. The parents of the junior members will be contacted by the coaching staff.
Further information will be available through your age grade coaches in the coming days.
As stated in our last communication, this season provides an opportunity to focus on core skills and teaching the game of rugby to our members and new players. While the format is different, the heart and soul of rugby at Cru and our core values have not changed.
We would like to thank our members for your patience as we navigated this new reality. We can’t wait to see you on the pitch!