Minis Summer Rugby Camps
The Crusaders Rugby Club offers multiple summer camps in Oakville, open to members and the public. Incredibly popular with participating kids, these full-day camps provide kids aged 5-12 with a full day of rugby activities (no prior experience required) and fun.
Minis Summer Day Camp
5-day camps during July and August, 2021
The Minis Summer Day Camp is a week-long camp that offers 5 – 12 year-olds a fun camp experience while getting some good exercise, exploring how much fun rugby is and engaging in other activities.
- Skills (pass/catch) and exploration of the game of rugby
- Healthy, outdoor-based coaching by experienced young-adult coaches
- An introduction to the values of rugby
- Activities including science, nature, art and group games & activities
- Camp week options:
- Camp Week 1 – week of July 5, 2021, 5 days
- Camp Week 2 – week of July 12, 2021, 5 days
- Camp Week 3 – week of July 19, 2021, 5 days
- Camp Week 4 – week of July 26, 2021, 5 days
- Camp Session 5 – Aug 3-6 , 2021, 4 days ($200)
- Camp Week 6 – week of Aug 9, 2021, 5 days
- Camp Week 7 – week of Aug 16, 2021, 5 days
- Camp Week 8 – week of Aug 23, 2021, 5 days
- Open to U6 – U12 boys and girls (born in years 2009-2016)
- Open to members and non-members
- Registered Crusaders Rugby Club players/members: $250+HST/week
- Non-Registered players/members of the public: $250+HST/week plus the separate purchase of a temporary membership for insurance purposes (estimated $25). Club registration opens in April 2021, non-members can reserve and pay for their camp spot now and simply need to ensure they are registered prior to camp.
- What do you get? All the fun described above, snacks AND an awesome Cru Camp T-Shirt
We look forward to seeing you there!
Register now (button below) to reserve your spot, there are limited spaces.
What Parents Say
- “The coaches play at the highest level of rugby so they make for great role models (especially for the girls).”
- “Thank you conducting a real SPORT camp where kids are challenged and build up their strength.”
- “It was an introduction to rugby for [my child] and a continuation of her improving her motor skills through sport. I wasn’t sure how she would like it, but she absolutely loved it.”
- “Both kids loved it. Best camp they’ve been on.”
- “Good, healthy, active, outdoor play! The coaching was excellent…”
- “I loved that the camp was outdoors and that the kids were so active all day. I also love how welcoming and inclusive it was.”
- “Brilliant camp – best week of the whole summer for my kids. Thank you!”
- “Thank you so much to all involved, [my child] says it was the best camp ever!”
- “Honestly, it was great. The camp leaders are wonderful. My son has been to lots of different camps over the years, and he has never loved one this much.”
- “My son can be a little shy and anxious and his confidence really rocketed through the week.”
- “It was a nice intro to rugby for little kids (mine are 4 and 6) – I can tell that they were learning about rugby and being taught core skills, but it was also very fun and accessible.”
- “British Bulldog… Octopus… Water fights… passing and kicking drills… [my child] was raving about his day… everyday!!”
Participation in theses programs requires a Mini or Junior active membership with the club. Membership options are available for individuals who wish to participate in these camps only.