Minis Summer Camps
The Crusaders Rugby Club offers multiple summer camps in Oakville, open to members and the public. Incredibly popular with participating kids, these full-day camps provide kids aged 5-12 with a full day of rugby activities (no prior experience required) and fun.
Minis Summer Day Camp
5-day camps during the weeks of August 10-15, 2020, August 17-21, 2020 and August 24-28, 2020
The Minis Summer Day Camp is a week-long camp intended to offer 5 – 12 year-olds a fun camp experience while getting some good exercise, exploring how much fun rugby is and engaging in other activities.
- Skills (pass/catch) and exploration of the game of rugby
- Healthy, outdoor-based coaching by Canada national team players
- An introduction to the values of rugby
- Activities including science, nature, art and group games & activities
- Two camp options:
- Camp Week of July 6th 2020, 5 days (Cancelled due to COVID)
- Camp Week 1 – week of August 10th 2020, 5 days
- Camp Week 2 – week of August 17th 2020, 5 days
- NEW! Camp Week 3 – week of August 24th 2020, 5 days
- Open to U6 – U12 boys and girls (born in years 2008-2015)
- Open to members and non-members
- Registered Crusaders Rugby Club players/members: $250+HST/week
- Non-Registered players/members of the public: $280+HST/week (including the separate purchase of a $30 temporary membership for insurance purposes)
- What do you get? All the fun described above, snacks AND an awesome Cru Camp T-Shirt
- Taylor Black (Crusaders Senior Women, Queens University and Canada Senior Women Fly-Half)
- Jessika Hurd (Crusaders Senior Women)
- Taylor and Jessika have both grown up through the minis and juniors programs at the club.
We look forward to seeing you there!
Register now to reserve your spot, there are limited spaces.
What Parents Say
- “The coaches play at the highest level of rugby so they make for great role models (especially for the girls).”
- “Thank you conducting a real SPORT camp where kids are challenged and build up their strength.”
- “It was an introduction to rugby for [my child] and a continuation of her improving her motor skills through sport. I wasn’t sure how she would like it, but she absolutely loved it.”
- “Both kids loved it. Best camp they’ve been on.”
- “Good, healthy, active, outdoor play! The coaching was excellent…”
- “I loved that the camp was outdoors and that the kids were so active all day. I also love how welcoming and inclusive it was.”
- “Brilliant camp – best week of the whole summer for my kids. Thank you!”
- “Thank you so much to all involved, [my child] says it was the best camp ever!”
- “Honestly, it was great. The camp leaders are wonderful. My son has been to lots of different camps over the years, and he has never loved one this much.”
- “My son can be a little shy and anxious and his confidence really rocketed through the week.”
- “It was a nice intro to rugby for little kids (mine are 4 and 6) – I can tell that they were learning about rugby and being taught core skills, but it was also very fun and accessible.”
- “British Bulldog… Octopus… Water fights… passing and kicking drills… [my child] was raving about his day… everyday!!”
Participation in theses programs requires a Mini or Junior active membership with the club. Membership options are available for individuals who wish to participate in these camps only.