5-day Rugby & Leadership Skills Camp – U14 Girls and Boys
The Crusaders Rugby & Leadership Camp for U14 boys and girls (aged 13 & 14) will build fundamental skills to enhance success in rugby and develop leadership skills, helping participants on and off the field. The focus of the camp will be on providing a fun and exciting environment where participants become more confident, skilled and knowledgeable in the game of rugby while also developing teamwork skills, communication skills, and group dynamics through a wide variety of initiative tasks, games and activities. Participants will be encouraged to take risks and try new things to discover their rugby and leadership potential. Participants will be more willing to demonstrate responsibility and leadership as they tackle various tasks and challenges.
Core Rugby Skills
- Pass, Catch, and Handling Skills
- Running and Evasion
- Contact Skills – Tackling Technique
- Contact while in possession of the ball
- Contact Area – Ball Presentation & Rucking skills
- Kicking Skills
- Team Attack and Defence
- Team Building
- Group Dynamics
- Creative Problem Solving
- Organizational Skills
- Leadership Styles
- Open to U14 boys and girls (ages 13-14)
- Open to members and non-members
- Monday July 13, 2020 to Friday July 17, 2020 8:30 am – 5 pm at the Crusaders club/clubhouse
- Cost: $330+HST for members; $405+HST for non-members (including the separate purchase of a $75 temporary membership for insurance purposes)
- A day at Bronte Creek Provincial Park included for a wide variety of games and activities
- Lead coach: Don Kroes (Crusaders U14 coach, NCCP Level 2, High School Physical Education Teacher, former Crusaders Senior Men and Brock University player)
Please complete the [Purchased For (Member/Player, Club Name, Company etc.)] field with your child’s full name.
Please email email@example.com with questions.